Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Next seedsavers meeting -Growing seedlings and preparing soil for the winter garden

This meeting is well timed for all who want to get serious about their winter garden this year. There is still time to prepare soil if you haven’t already done so.

For me the brassicas are the star performers over winter but there’s so much more as you would know. The Brassicas are good to get in early.

I also encourage people to bring in seed packets they have purchased from Eden seeds etc as I always find I never use all of the seeds in them - then they go out of date.

This meeting will focus on raising seeds/ seedlings and soil preparation for the winter garden, but I’m sure there will be some seed sorting on the side. This will be followed by seed swapping and people are free to take seeds from the seed collection.


When:Sunday 28th of Feb, 10am
Where: 33 clarke st, 10am

No comments:

Post a Comment